Pelvic Endo Vaginal Ultrasound
Pelvic ultrasounds are often called for by physicians or gynaecologists to follow up on manual pelvic exam. If your doctor has suggested that you need one, Les Cours Medical Centre can help you arrange an appointment immediately. You’ll be seen by a top gynecologist and receive results of the test right away.
Ultrasound examination can help diagnose symptoms like pelvic pain, abnormal bleeding and other aberrations in menstruation. Significantly, it can identify palpable masses that might have shown up on manual exam, like ovarian cysts or uterine fibroids. Ultrasound can even detect ovarian or uterine cancers, and early detection of cancer can be key to fighting it.
The ultrasound scanning procedure is simple, non-invasive and painless. The procedure is conducted by a gynecologist.
Description of technology
Most ultrasounds are performed using both the transabdominal and transvaginal approaches.
Pelvic Ultrasounds Are Usually Performed For Women To:
- Search for cause of pelvic pain or vaginal bleeding
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Find an intrauterine device (IUD)
- Look at the size & shape of the uterus and ovaries and the thickness of the uterine lining (endometrium)
- Check the condition and size of the ovaries during treatment for infertility
- Confirm a pregnancy and whether it is in the uterus.
- Check the cervical length in a pregnant woman at risk for preterm labour
- Check a lump found during a pelvic examination
- Check uterine fibroids found during a pelvic examination